PRESCRIPTION DIET REFILL UPDATE (4/17/2020): Please call the hospital
at least 14 days in advance, if you need a refill of your pet’s prescription
diet. This will help ensure that we have your requested supplies on-hand.
We will take payment over the phone and advise you of when your pet’s
refill will be available.
These are challenging times for all of us, and as COVID-19 continues to spread, we would like to update you on the precautions we are taking to maintain the health and safety of our staff and community while continuing to provide the best care possible for your pets. These are changes based on recommendations made by the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) as well as the CDC and Connecticut State Health Department.
- We will be performing additional and frequent sanitizing of all areas of the clinic throughout the day.
- We will only be seeing pets on an emergency, sick, injured and/or chronic basis. Wellness visits and elective surgeries will be scheduled at least one month from now. Surgeries in the near future will be booked based on the attending veterinarian’s recommendation.
- In order to practice social distancing, we will be keeping the waiting room empty by having our appointments drive up to the clinic and check in from their car. We will discuss and take history via the phone and examine pets away from owners as they wait in their cars.
- We ask that pet owners limit the number of family members who bring pets to the clinic. Ideally, only one person should come to the appointment.
- For medication refills, please call ahead so we can arrange a pick up time and take payment by phone, which will help keep our waiting room free of people.
- We ask that you do not schedule an appointment if you are ill or have had a possible exposure to COVID-19 within the past 14 days but are not showing symptoms. We are asking the same for our employees to ensure the health and safety of our pet owners as well.
We will continue to comply with all state recommendations for health and safety during this time of national emergency. As we are all aware, the situation changes daily and we will continue to do our best keeping all pet owners updated.
We want to ensure that we are doing all that we can to help prevent the spread of this virus and thank you for your support in this effort. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have, and we thank you for entrusting us with your pet’s care!
The veterinarians and staff of the Animal Hospital of PutnamAdditional resources may be found on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) websites.
“Best I've found for all your dog & cat medical services and supplies.”- Bradley W.
“They always take wonderful care of all of us.”- Megan G.
“Friendly Staff, clean office but best of all they SAVED my Black Lab .”- Beth R.