Puppy & Adult Canine Health Program And Vaccination Schedule
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! There’s nothing like the love of a warm, fuzzy puppy. We want to help you keep your puppy healthy and happy. Regularly scheduled vaccinations are important for building your puppy’s immunity to several serious dog diseases. The examination we perform at each visit will also help us detect any common puppy-hood problems or illnesses. Remember that we are always pleased to answer any questions about raising your puppy; please feel free to bring a list with you or call at any time. Here’s a schedule of visits and vaccinations that we ask you to follow:
- 1st exam
- first DA2PP vaccine (Distemper, Adenovirus2, Parainfluenza and Parvo Virus)
- Bring a fresh stool sample so we can check for internal parasites
- 2nd examination
- 2nd DA2PP vaccination (done 3-4 weeks after the initial vaccine)
- 1st Leptospirosis vaccine
- 1st Lyme vaccine (if doctor approves)
12 weeks or older
- Rabies vaccination and examination. The first rabies vaccine is good for one year, subsequent vaccinations last for 3 years. Bring a fresh stool sample so we may check for intestinal parasites.
- 3rd examination
- 3rd DA2pp and 2nd Leptospirosis vaccine which will finish the series and be good for one year if given when the puppy is 16 weeks old or more. (must be 2 to 4 weeks after the previous vaccine)
- 2nd Lyme (2 to 4 weeks after the initial vaccine)
- Leave in the part about the importance of the exam
The most important part of your puppy’s visit today was the annual examination. Our veterinarian made certain that your puppy was checked from the tip of its nose to the tip of its tail for any health problems. This annual exam is your best way of keeping your loved one in tip-top health. Growing puppies especially need several examinations during the first few months of their life due to their bodies constantly changing.
Save on wellness and preventative care for your pets at all stages of life, click here to learn about our Paws4Wellness programs.
Put Their Paws in Good Hands.Why We Are the Right Choice.
Open Since 1990
For nearly 25 years the Animal Hospital of Putnam has been a staple in this community, put your beloved pets in our experienced hands.
The Treatment Your Pet Deserves
At Animal Hospital of Putnam, we are animal lovers just like you, we will always treat your pet as if it was our own.
Highest Quality Care
We provide the highest quality medicine and surgery with compassion and an emphasis on client education.
Real Stories from Real Owners
“Best I've found for all your dog & cat medical services and supplies.”- Bradley W.
“They always take wonderful care of all of us.”- Megan G.
“Friendly Staff, clean office but best of all they SAVED my Black Lab .”- Beth R.