Kitten & Adult Feline Health Program And Vaccination Schedule
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! There’s nothing like the love of a warm, fuzzy kitten. We want to help you keep your kitten healthy and happy. Regularly scheduled vaccinations are important for building your kitten’s immunity to several serious cat diseases. The examination we perform at each visit will also help us detect any common kitten-hood problems or illnesses. Remember that we are always pleased to answer any questions about raising your kitten; please feel free to bring a list with you or call at any time. Here’s a schedule of visits and vaccinations that we ask you to follow:
- 1st exam
- 1st FVRCP vaccination (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia)
- Bring a stool sample so we can check for internal parasites
- 2nd examination
- 2nd FVRCP ( 3 to 4 weeks after initial vaccine)
- 1st Leukemia vaccine (if doctor advises)
12 weeks or older- Rabies vaccination and exam
- 1st vaccine is good for one year, subsequently good for 3 years.
- Bring a stool sample in to check for parasites
- 3rd exam
- 3rd FVRCP (done 3 to 4 weeks from previous one)
- If the kitten is 16 weeks old this concludes the series and is good for one year.
- 2nd Leukemia (if doctor advises 3-4 weeks after initial vaccine)
The most important part of your kitten’s visit today was the annual examination. Our veterinarian made certain that your kitten was checked from the tip of its nose to the tip of its tail for any health problems. This annual exam is your best way of keeping your loved one in tip-top health. Growing kittens especially need several examinations during the first few months of their life due to their constantly changing and growing bodies.
“Best I've found for all your dog & cat medical services and supplies.”- Bradley W.
“They always take wonderful care of all of us.”- Megan G.
“Friendly Staff, clean office but best of all they SAVED my Black Lab .”- Beth R.